Saturday, June 14, 2008

My fingertips glided along her skin, loving the warm, velvety texture that awakened my senses. They slid along her shoulder, caressing her neck, gliding across her cheek, and pushed away the silky golden wisps of hair that littered the ivory skin of her face.

I let my lips brush her forehead, following her defined cheekbones as a guideline, my soft kisses tracing the curves of her face. I let them rest momentarily on her closed eyelids, loving the way the fluttered gently on contact.

I felt her body tense as I let myself fall flat beside her, resting on hand behind my head an the other on her exposed navel.

My gaze wandered down her figure, following the soft curves of her body, the perfect golden tressels that fanned around her, a halo atop the head of an angel.

Listening to her steady breathing, her chest rising and falling rythmically, I realized what I had missed all those years, all the years I avoided my feelings, pretending I didnt feel what was there.

Everything was different now---She loved me and I loved her---and here she was, lying beside me, so receptive, so needing. Mine.

"GET UP NOW!!'' The familiar shrill demand floated up the stairs, ripping me from my slumber.

I ran the back of my hand along my eyes, squinting through the sunlight that streamed in through the drapes.

It was all a dream.
She still didnt know.
I could never tell her.

A dream.